- Threatens suicide
- Talks about wanting to die
- Shows change in behaviour, appearance, mood
- Abuses drugs, alcohol
- Deliberately injures self
- Appears depressed, sad, withdrawn
- Is suddenly happy and at peace when that is not their demeanor.
- Is happy or “on” all the time
- I can’t go on anymore.
- I wish I was never born.
- I wish I were dead.
- I won’t need this anymore.
- My parents won’t have to worry about me anymore.
- Everyone would be better off if I was dead.
- Life sucks. Nobody cares if I live or die